This post is mostly to compliment the post on configuring SonicWALL with Chromecast (found here) since it’s fairly easy, but never the less here we go:
Assuming your Chromecast is connected to the same Wireless LAN as your client, the only thing you need to do is Login to your WLC and enable multicast. Follow these steps:
- Load the WebUI of your Cisco Wireless Lan controller.
- Click Controller tab at the top
- Click Multicast in the left hand tab
- Check the box titled Enable Global Multicast Mode
- Click Apply in the top right of the page
- Click Save Configuration in the top right of the page
That’s it, you should now be able to see the chromecast from any wireless client connected to the same WLAN as the chromecast.
Pingback: Configuring SonicWALL to work with Chromecast | The Day to Day Findings of an IT Engineer