Recently came across this problem on a SBS 2008 deployment (just missed the SBS 2011 release), where users who were trying to connect to their computers using the Remote Web Workplace, but were unable and were getting this error:
An internal error has occurred (error 50331688). For more information, please
contact your network administrator or Microsoft Product Support.
Turns out the problem is related to the Terminal Services Gateway not having a certificate configured.
To resolve this follow these steps:
- Open TS Gateway Manager MMC
- Select your server in the Left hand pane
- In the Middle pane, click “View or modify certificate properties”
- Click “Select an existing Certificate for SSL encryption (recommended)”
- Click “Browse Certificates….”
- Select the correct 3rd party certificate from the list, and then click “Install”
- Click “Apply”, and then try to connect via RWW again.
This should also resolve any issues you have when trying to connect in via RDP when using a Terminal Services Gateway.