This is a quick guide on downloading and installing the vCLI on your vCenter Server. Follow these steps to install the vCLI.
- Open a browser and head over to http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/vcli/.
- Select Release 4.1
- Click the link to download the installer, when prompted login with your vmware account.
- Agree to the EULA, and then download the file.
- Run the downloaded .exe file, Click “Next >” on the first screen.
- Accept the EULA, and then click “Next >”.
- Click “Next >” one more time, and then click “Install”.
- Click “Finish”.
- You can now access the vCLI by clicking on START > All Programs > VMware > VMware vSphere CLI > Command Prompt.
Pingback: Enabling Jumbo Frames on your iSCSI vmnics and vSwitches ESXi 4.1 | The Day to Day Findings of an IT Engineer