Note: These instructions are a verbatim copy of what is published on godaddy.com. These are published here because I reference it from another blog post, you’ll probably want to follow the instructions included with you certificate when you download it from GoDaddy.com to make sure you are following the most recent set of instructions.
To Install Intermediate Certificate Bundles
- Type mmc in the Start search box after pressing the Start menu to start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
- In the Management Console, select File then Add/Remove Snap In.
- In the Add or Remove Snap-ins dialog, click the Add button and then select Certificates.
- Choose Computer Account then click Next.
- Choose Local Computer, then click Finish.
- Close the Add or Remove Snap-ins dialog and click OK to return to the main MMC window.
- If necessary, click the + icon to expand the Certificates folder so that the Intermediate Certification Authorities folder is visible.
- Right-click on Intermediate Certification Authorities and choose All Tasks, then click Import.
- Follow the wizard prompts to complete the installation procedure.
- Click Browse to locate the certificate file. Change the file extension filter in the bottom right corner to be able to select the file. Click Open after selecting the appropriate file.
- Click Next in the Certificate Import Wizard.
- Choose Place all certificates in the following store; then use the Browse function to locate Intermediate Certification Authorities. Click Next. Click Finish. NOTE: If the Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority root certificate is currently installed on your machine you will need to disable it from the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder.
- Expand the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder
- Double-click the Certificates folder to show a list of all certificates.
- Find the Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority certificate.
- Right-click on the certificate and select Properties.
- Select the radio button next to Disable all purposes for this certificate.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 13 to 18, using Starfield Class 2 Certificate Authority as the certificate name to disable.
NOTE: Do not disable the Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority certificate located in the Intermediate Certification Authorities folder. Doing so will break the server, causing it to stop sending the correct certificate chain to the browser.