This is part two of Configuring IPSecuritas with a Sonicwall TZ190 Enhanced. If you missed the first part you can go back and check it out here.
Find the information you recorded in Part 1, we’ll need it below.
- Download and Install IPSecuritas. Refer to installation manual if needed.
- Launch IPSecuritas and then launch the Connection window by clicking the Connections menu and then selecting Edit Connections….
- Click the Plus Sign ( + ) at the bottom left to create a new connection. (shown as “TEST CLIENT”) Enter the WAN IP Address of the sonicwall in the Remote IPSec Device field. Select Host in the Endpoint Mode (Local). Select Network in the Endpoint Mode (Remote). Enter your network Address. See Figure 1.
- Click the Phase 1 Tab. Enter the information from Part 1 Step Four: 28800, DH2, 3DES, SHA-1. Exchange Mode: Aggressive. Proposal Check: Obey. Nonce Size: 16. See Figure 2.
- Click the Phase 2 Tab. Enter the information from Step Four: 28800, 3DES, SHA-1. PFS Group: None. See Figure 3.
- Click the ID Tab. Local Identifier: Address. Remote Identifier: Set this to FQDN, Use the Firewall Identifier from Step Seven. Authentication Method: Preshared Key. Use Preshared Secret from Part 1 Step Three. NOTE: If you are using XAUTH change Authentication Method to XAUTH PSK, enter User and Password from Part 1 Step Ten and Preshared Secret from Part 1 Step Three. See Figure 4.
- Skip the DNS tab, Click the Options Tab. Make sure your Settings appear the same as the picture. See Figure 5.
- Click START from the IPSecuritas Program or Widget.
Again, these instructions have only been tested with a Sonicwall TZ190 Enhanced, These instructions may need to be alerted to work with other SonicWall Models. Please let me know if you’ve been able to get these instructions (or slightly modified instructions) to work on any other SonicWall routers.